We all dread the first day back at the office after a vacation. Your mindset at work following a vacation should be relaxed and focused, yet it rarely works out that way. Upon entry to the office we are bombarded with information and it is difficult to catch up. The only time you don’t feel this way is if you kept up with work while on vacation. I am most definitely the fool who falls victim to both of these situations.
This is when I need to take a close look at all of the roles that I plan and my list of responsibilities. How do I spend my time and what amount of energy does it take? Right now my list is fairly long:
- I am a sister, a daughter and an aunt to my family
- I am a girlfriend and a friend
- I have a full time job
- I have some part-time work
- I volunteer with Club GEN
- I’m working on my business plan
- I’m a Toastmaster
- I’m a Delta Zeta alumnae
This is a decent size list for one person to be doing on a regular basis, but it is manageable. Now I just need to focus on my responsibilities and figure out how to meet all of my various goals & deadlines. What are some things I can do?
- Make a Vision Board and place it where I can see it everyday
- Write down in detail why I have these roles and goals
- Get with my business coach or a friend to create a realistic action plan for me to reach my various goals
- Use my planner ALL the time
- Wake up earlier and better plan for that poorly utlized time, like transit or my morning routine
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help
Do you have any other suggestions for me?