January 2013 is over, so how am I doing so far?
- Post 2 blogs per week – This is good, but I think it is okay to reduce to once per week. Instead, I will promise to journal about my professional growth and accomplishments 2-3 times per week.
- Create a daily to-do list and follow it – Hit or miss. I am definitely improving though. Each Sunday night I look at my printed calendar and add reminders for the week into my phone.
- Find a suitable mentor – I think this goal has changed. I may just need a voice teacher…not sure.
- Become a dedicated volunteer – I LOVE going to clubGEN every week. The girls are amazing and inspiring.
- Connect with one new person each month – This month I connected with 4 new people! Follow-up to happen next week 🙂
- Establish a communications plan to keep up with all of my professional contacts – I need to get this started.
- Join a brain trust – I have spoken with a new prospects about developing a new group. This will continue to grow and develop in February. I think it will come to fruition in March.
- Formulate a flexible career plan – This is a difficult one. First I needed some clairty on what my end goal was. Now that I have it, I can begin to create a plan. More to come.
- Accountability – Blogging, journaling and making specific appointments have helped tremendously.
- Blocking the negative thoughts about my own abilities – I’m improving on this forefront. There is a definitely pink and happy chi going on with me more recently.
- 10 minutes of vocal practice each morning – This week I practiced 3 out of the 5 days. I’ll continue to create reminders around the importance of practice to build it into my routine.
I’m open to suggestions. Let me know if you think there are other things I should be doing to reach these goals.